- First, navigate to the editor for the page or blog post that you want to add an image to.
- Above the editing tools on every editor page are the words “Upload/Insert”, followed by four small media icons.
- First, make sure you click in your text to place your cursor where you want the image to be placed. Click the ‘Image’ icon (the left-most icon) to bring up the “Add an Image” dialog.
- From here, you can upload a file (or files) from your computer by choosing Select Files and finding the image(s) you want to upload.
- After the image upload is complete, your image details will appear. Enter the details you want to add (only a title is required) and choose the image alignment and size*.
*Your main text column is usually somewhere between 500px to 640px wide. Oversized images will be cut off, but you can always go back in and resize the image.
- When you are ready to place your image, click “Insert into Post” and your image should appear in your editing window.
- From here you can make final adjustments to your image by clicking on it and dragging from the corners to resize, or by clicking the photo icon that appears over your image after you click on it to edit meta-data or placement.
- When finished, be sure to click the blue Publish or Update button to submit the changes to your post.
- Be sure to check your site after publishing the changes to make sure everything looks correct, as the editor screen does not always show the same font and window sizes as your site.
- If you have any questions or need help with adding media to your site, don’t hesitate to ask!
Adding photos from our stock photo collection:
Do you want to spice up the pages on your site, or give them a more professional touch? As a paid subscriber, with AcuPerfectand MassagePerfect Websites you have access to a stock photo library to do just that.
If you’d like to add stock photos to your site first, visit our stock photo collection here: http://photos.acuperfectwebsites.com
Take note of the image numbers of the photos you’d like to use.
Then, contact us and let us know which photos you want added to your site. If you know where you want them placed, let us know and we’ll drop them in for you. Otherwise, we can just add them to your site’s media library where you’ll have access to place the images wherever you want.
To complete this topic and move forward in this lesson click the link below and answer the questions that follow.